Thursday, May 1, 2008

Beef Aficionado's First Anniversary!


It is hard for me to believe, but Beef Aficionado is one year old today. In the course of that year I have published 130 posts and have had over 47,000 visitors to my humble little blog. I have eaten some of the finest meals of my life in LA, London, and, of course, NYC. I won't be replicating my feat of eating and blogging a burger a day in the month of May (May being National Hamburger Month) as I did last year since I will turn 40 this year and am battling the inevitable middle aged spread. However, I have been enlisted by Adam of A Hamburger Today to cover the NYC burger beat, and from now on you will find most of my burger musings over at AHT. I will be providing direct links from here to my burger posts, the first of which can be found here. Rest assured, Beef Aficionado will continue to cover all the beef that is fit to review, there is after all a lot more than just chuck on a steer. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all my readers, especially those who have left comments which are always appreciated.

7 comments:

Slice said...

Happy anniversary! Here's to many more.

jonathan said...

congrats! one of my fav food blogs with always interesting posts.

DocChuck said...

Happy birthday (anniversary, rather).

MrsDocChuck said...

Congratulations! I'm sure it takes a lot of work to keep a blog like this going. Best wishes for many more years.

Curt McAdams said...

happy Blogoversary!

DocChuck mentioned your blog in a comment, and I thought I'd come over to see... And I'm glad I did. Very nice camera work; things look great, and I'll have to come back more often to see how things are going.

DocChuck said...

Well, obviously there are TWO "MrsDocChuck"s.

There is this one:

http://www.blogger.com/profile/10197422888338701347

And then there is my lovely, highly educated wife, Elizabeth, who simply loves to affectionately call me "DocChuck".

She is 16 years my junior, she is a medical professional and an executive for the corporation that oversees the entire correctional medical system in Maryland, and she is the continuous brunt of the infamous chiffOnade, who claims to be a "Senior Adviser" at the website, SeriousEats.

The same chiffOnade (Louise) who continues to harass us and others on the blogosphere of whom she is insanely jealous, for some unknown reason.

But . . . moving along . . . .

MrsDocChuck said...

Here we go again ... :-(

#1. You are not my husband.
#2. That is not my blog.

Sorry to all.